Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snow Baby

It's hard to believe that two years ago this week we welcomed Eden Clair Messina into our lives, on a snowy Sunday morning two days before my predicted due date. I was awoken with very painful contractions around 5am and to my surprise Maya and Aaron were both already awake. Sure enough my water broke shortly after and the contractions came hard and strong, much faster then with the first. Despite our best efforts to call family and request childcare for Maya no one was answering and we were running out of time to get to the hospital to meet our midwife. I quickly made the decision that Maya was coming along, and off we went to the hospital. Tom Cruise would have been less then thrilled with my laboring sounds and all I can remember is Maya holding her hands over her ears yelling at me to be quiet. She was happy to join the nurses upon our arrival and off she went to color until family arrived to care for her while we welcomed Eden, her little sister, into the world. Eden Clair arrived within two hours, enough time for my mom and close family friend to arrive for the swift and "easy" birth. I say easy because comparatively to Maya it was a piece of cake.





So here we are two years later, graced with an enormous blizzard that we coined Eden's blizzard and am amazed at how much and how little everything has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment